A Periscope client (who is prepared to validate this case study) wanted an incident management system.
Key stakeholders were invited to a meeting – their expectation was that the scope of the system would be the workshop outcome;
- In the morning a stakeholder analysis was undertaken to determine
- Key stakeholders
- Their needs and concerns
- Expected outcomes
- Data requirements documented on a whiteboard included:
- Required fields
- Data relationships and workflows
- Security access to fields
- Lunch Break
- Stakeholders broke for lunch and were asked to return in 2 hours.
- Using Rapid Application Technique – Periscope created the form
- Users reconvened to:
- Review the workflow as displayed in the software – changes were made because:
- Stakeholders could “see” the impacts of workflow decisions
- Gaps and inconsistent workflows became obvious
- All Stakeholders signed off on the Form at the end of the meeting
- Two weeks later – the executive signed off and the Incident reporting system went live.